Statement of Purpose
The support staff fulfills the assigned role as a part of the treatment team, maintaining the well-being of clients and integrity of the program. Provides client supervision and staff/unit support as assigned.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with admission/intake procedures on new clients including all room assignments, and initial orientation.
- Conducts property searches of clients as required by program standards.
- Performs urine drug screen testing of clients as required.
- Performs room searches every shift.
- Provides transportation services including patient transportation, donation pick-ups, facility errands, etc.
Ensures all clients are following house rules.
- Light housekeeping, and ensuring the clients are cleaning up after themselves.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, family systems and various recovery resources in the community.
- Ability to confront behavioral changes, identifies a crisis, and recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
- Ability to recognize personal recovery issues that have an impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients, staff, peers, supervisors and non- facility resources.
All support staff are expected to:
- Document client intake and treatment progress
- Identify a crisis
- Liaison with, and refer to treatment team
- Assess and report client behavioral changes
- Identify personal boundaries and be able to work as part of the treatment team
- Adhere to professional standards
- Recognize personal biases working within diverse populations
- Reports to Clinical Charge RN, QA Analyst, Program Director
Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal vehicle on Center business.
Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment. The supervisor will initial those items on the following list, which apply and write N/A to indicate those qualifications which are not applicable.
- TB certification within 30 days of start date
- First Aid certification within 30 days of start date
- RRW within 90 days of start date.
- CPR certification within 30 days of start date
- Physical within 30 days of employment
- Clean background check
- Develop computer skills adequate to perform word processing duties within 90 days of employment.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.